Human Behavior and Cognition Allied Field
Human Behavior and Cognition covers neuroscientific research that is focused on understanding human mental functions, including perception, memory, attention, reasoning, and decision-making. Within the Neuroscience major, the Human Behavior and Cognition Allied Field includes courses in Cognitive Science, Communication Sciences, and Psychology.
Electives in the Human Behavior and Cognition Allied Field (choose 6 units)
The two courses in the first group are required and are prerequisites for many additional electives in Human Behavior and Cognition.
Projected Annual Course Plans: PSYCH
Additional electives in Human Behavior and Cognition
Courses listed here may be taken as a Group A Neuroscience elective or an elective for the Allied Field in Human Behavior and Cognition, but each course may count either toward Group A or the Allied Field in Human Behavior and Cognition, and not both.
- COG_SCI 210-0 Language and the Brain
- CSD 303-0/PSYCH 365-0 Brain and Cognition
- CSD 310-0 Biological Foundations of Speech and Music
- PSYCH 110-0 Introduction to Psychology
- PSYCH 218-0 Developmental Psychology
- PSYCH 228-0 Cognitive Psychology
- PSYCH 248-0 Health Psychology
- PSYCH 324-0 Perception
- PSYCH 361-0 Brain Damage and the Mind
Courses listed here may be taken as electives for the Allied Field in Human Behavior and Cognition but will not count toward Group A Neuroscience electives.
- COG_SCI 207-0 Intro to Cognitive Modeling
- COG_SCI 211-0 Learning, Representation, and Reasoning
- PSYCH 303-0 Psychopathology*
- PSYCH 321-0 Neuroscience and Behavior Laboratory*
- PSYCH 334-0 Language and Thought*
- PSYCH 336-0 Consciousness*
- PSYCH 359-0 Emotional Brain*
- PSYCH 362-0 Cognitive Development*
- PSYCH 363-0 Images of Cognition*
- PSYCH 368-0 Human Memory*
Back to top