NEUROSCI 399-0 provides course credit to students who choose to do mentored independent research in Neuroscience or a related Allied Field. With a commitment of at least 10 hours per week, students will learn practical laboratory skills and troubleshooting as well as intellectual and analytical skills through a laboratory project.
Students majoring in Neuroscience are required to gain laboratory experience either through 1 credit of laboratory or methods coursework or through 2 credits of NEUROSCI 398-0 /NEUROSCI 399-0 research. Neuroscience students may take 2 quarters or more of NEUROSCI 399-0 to fulfill this graduation requirement.
Enrolling in NEUROSCI 399-0 for Fall 2019 Term
Obtain a permission number to enroll from the Neuroscience DUS by sending:
- a 1-page research plan, methods, and timeline. This is written in collaboration with your proposed research mentor or faculty adviser
- a typical weekly schedule committing a minimum of 10 hours per week
- an email from the proposed faculty adviser accepting you in the lab
Please email email@example.com with the above information prior to September 30th, 2019 at 12 pm. The deadline to enroll for the Fall Quarter 2019 is September 30th, 2019 at 12 pm. Permission numbers for NEUROSCI 399-0 Fall Quarter 2019 will be issued on or after June 18th, 2019.
At the end of Fall quarter 2019, the student must:
- write a 1-2 page summary of this quarter's work, which may or may not also include a proposal for work the following term,
- present it to your adviser for approval before or during reading week (we suggest no later than December 4th)
- Fall 2019 deadline email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 13th by noon.
- Grading is A/B/C
Back to top