NEUROSCI 399-0 provides course credit to students who choose to do mentored independent research in Neuroscience or a related Allied Field. With a commitment of at least 10 hours per week, students will learn practical laboratory skills and troubleshooting as well as intellectual and analytical skills through a laboratory project.
Students majoring in Neuroscience are required to gain laboratory experience either through 1 credit of laboratory or methods coursework or through 2 credits of NEUROSCI 398-0 /NEUROSCI 399-0 research. Neuroscience students may take 2 quarters or more of NEUROSCI 399-0 to fulfill this graduation requirement.
Enrolling in NEUROSCI 399-0 for Spring 2019 Term
Obtain a permission number to enroll from the Neuroscience DUS by sending:
- a 1-page research plan, methods, and timeline. This is written in collaboration with your proposed research mentor or faculty adviser
- a typical weekly schedule committing a minimum of 10 hours per week
- an email from the proposed faculty adviser accepting you in the lab
Please email email@example.com with the above information prior to April 5th, 2019 at 12 pm. The deadline to enroll for the Spring Quarter 2019 is April 5th, 2019 at 5 pm.
Students enrolled in the Winter Quarter 2019
At the end of Winter quarter 2019, the student must:
- write a 1-2 page summary of this quarter's work, which may or may not also include a proposal for work the following term,
- present it to your adviser for approval before or during finals week (we suggest no later than March 20th)
- Winter 2019 deadline email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 22nd at noon.
- Grading is A/B/C